Welcome Graduates of JNA Institute of Culinary Arts!
For graduates who wish to continue their postsecondary education with New England Culinary Institute, our two schools are working together to make your educational transition simple. The following are some of the benefits JNA Institute of Culinary Arts graduates can expect if they would like to pursue an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Culinary Arts, Baking and Pastry Arts, or Food and Beverage Business Management. As part of the Articulation Agreement, JNA Institute of Culinary Arts qualified graduates will be granted into the third year of NECI's on-campus and online BA of Culinary Arts, Baking and Pastry Arts, or Food and Beverage Business Management programs. Students will be awarded 60 semester credits and enter directly into the third year of NECI's BA program based on the following conditions:
- Graduated from JNA Institute of Culinary Arts with an AST degree in Culinary Arts or related field.
- Earn a minimum 2.0 GPA (70% C or higher) on their overall transcript
- Students applying to NECI's upper division, fully-online BA program are expected to demonstrate appropriate industry experience. A current resume must be submitted with the application.
- Students applying to NECI's upper division, fully-online BA program must have access to adequate technology resources. Please refer to the Online Computer Requirements page.
As part of this agreement, NECI agrees to:
- Waive the application fee for students.
- Evaluate student applications in a timely manner
- Grant credit transfer (60 semester credits) for the JNA Institute of Culinary Arts earned at JNAICA and awarded advanced standing into the third year of NECI's BA program.
- Students accepted under this agreement are eligible for a $4,000 scholarship ($1,000 scholarship each academic year) if they enroll in a start term within five years their graduation. The scholarship may be combined with other scholarships and offers of financial aid, but may not exceed half of the total cost of tuition.
- Renew scholarship annually for up to two consecutive years if the student remains continuously enrolled full time and demonstrates successful completion of each academic year.
- Ensure that JNA Institute of Culinary Arts students will be provided with NECI financial aid information and receive consideration for financial aid prior to enrollment to NECI. Financial aid is available to those who meet the appropriate qualifications.
If you have any questions regarding agreements, please contact the Admissions Office at [email protected] or 877.223.6324.